New Starview PHS3-1418 14” x 18” sealing area
Experience the Starview Advantage:
- A wide range of standard and custom features available to match customer requirements.
- ANSI Class 4 machine safety for operator protection.
- Color touch screen HMI for the ultimate in operator convenience and accessibility. Includes storage for 99 databases and on-screen data tracking.
- A Starview exclusive remote access via standard Ethernet hardwire or optional Wi-Fi router gives management access to real-time process information from the machine.
- Starview’s exclusive hot/cold sealing press system allows plastic to plastic sealing of PVC, RPVC, PETG, RPETG, GAG PET, GRG PET and similar materials without the use of RF generators.
- AC Variable frequency precision cam index rotary table drive for smooth table operation and position repeatability.
- Starview’s exclusive selectable sealing station program allows the use of one (1) through the maximum sealing fixtures with operator selected start position from the HMI for short runs or single person operation.
- Industry leading design, construction, features and customer support.
- Programmable logic control (Omron)
- Intelligent system that allows changes or upgrades from a Starview provided flash memory
- Ethernet connection to PLC and HMI allows remote access by customer from PC, Laptop, smartphones and tablet devices to HMI screens and PLC functions, and by Starview for program changes, diagnosis or updates when internet connected. Optional Wi-Fi connection available.
- Color HMI includes:
- Time and date displayed on HMI
- System monitoring page. Heating, batch counter and job recipe displayed at a glance
- Production counter page displays total machine cycles, current job cycles and current job completed packages. Production speeds are displayed in both cycles per minute and packages per minute
- Machine standby mode. 7-day programmable schedule allows automatic machine start-up and shut down
- Full Job Recipe storage with memory for up to 100 different recipes
- History page with last 200 cycles stored and displayed with time and date stamp. Includes up to 4 days of pressure and temperature history graphs.
- Digital temperature controller on screen display in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius with alarms
- Seal Timers
- Table speed control
- Table rotation delay timer
- Manual /Semi-Automatic / Automatic mode
- Complete manual control of all individual functions for set up
- Table jog
- Low air pressure machine cycle-stop
- Machine diagnostics with difficulty location
- On-screen system errors for troubleshooting
- Last 7-days alarms stored and displayed with time and date stamp
- Electrical parts page(s)
- Pneumatic parts page(s)
- Mechanical parts page(s)
- Main power switch
- Cycle start button for Manual Mode
- Two-position START/STOP system for Auto Mode
- Single (1) or three (3) sealing tool operation in semi-automatic mode
- Emergency STOP push button
- Class 4 pneumatically operated and interlocked safety lift gates on both sides of sealing press
- Automatic turntable, cam index drive with variable speed AC variable frequency controller
- Unobstructed rotary table top
- Rotary table perimeter safety guard
- Filter, Regulator & Pressure gauge installed on airline
- Heated sealing station
- Hot plate insulator
- Quick-change mounting for relieved face plates
- Pressure regulator to adjust heated sealing station pressure
- Cooling station
- Air or water-cooled platen
- Quick-change mounting for relieved face plates
- Able to be shut down for standard blister package sealing
- Easy access through rear of machine for tooling changeover or maintenance
- Welded heavy-wall steel tube construction
- Steel components powder coated blue color
|Electrical:||208-230 Volts / 1 PH / 32 Amps|
|Control:||24 Volts DC|
|Heating system:||Cartridge type 4.8 KW|
|Heated platen pneumatic cylinder bore size:||1 @ 6″|
|Temperature range for Plastic-to-Plastic sealing:||200-230° C|
|Temperature range for Blister-to-Card sealing:||170-180° C|
|Cooling platen pneumatic cylinder bore size:||1 @ 6”|
|Chilled water temperature required:||50-60° F|
|Maximum air consumption per cycle:||1.8 scf @ 100 psi|
|Optional lightweight package hold-down air consumption per cycle:||0.4 scf @100 psi|
|Nominal seal area:||14″ x 18″|
|Maximum Sealing force:||2900 lbs. @ 100 psi air|
|Air inlet size:||1/2” NPT female|
|Open loading stations:||1|
|Maximum clamshell / blister depth (bottom):||3.00″|
|Standard clamshell height (top):||1.25”|
|Cycle speed (Plastic-to-Plastic):||Variable 1 to 4 on average|
|Cycle speed (Blister-to-Card):||Variable 1 to 6 on average|
|Approximate dimensions:||50”D x 55”W x 70”H|
|Approximate weight:||1,500 LB.|
Starview’s PHS Series rotary type Clamshell and Blister sealers are designed for medium to higher volume production requirements. These machines may be used for Plastic-to-Plastic Clamshell sealing as well as conventional carded blisters, full face blisters and half-clamshell styles including applications using Tyvek, foils and other heat sealable lidstock. The PHS Series units are available in three (3), six (6) and eight (8) station designs. The three-station machines are only available with a 14” x 18” sealing area. Six and Eight station models are available in standard sealing areas of 14 x 18 and 18 x 24 inches. Larger sealing areas are available on request. The standard machines feature one heated sealing station and one cooled station with the remaining stations used for load/unload stations.
For machines capable of higher production rates and value-added automation Starview’s PHSA Rotary and BSC II Carousel fully automatic sealers should be considered.
An accurate cam drive indexer is used for precision table position repeatability. Table speed is adjustable. Sealing at the heated station is automatic and is controlled by the PLC seal timer. A cooling station immediately following the heated station is used to flatten the blister flange and fuse the two pieces of plastic together
Manual mode is used to jog the rotary table without activating the sealing stations and actuate the hot and cold presses from the touch screen.
In Semi-automatic single (1) sealing fixture mode only one sealing fixture is needed. The operator loads the package(s) to be sealed and presses the cycle start button. The table automatically advances to the heated sealing station, cooling station and returns to the load/unload station. The presses actuate automatically in sequence corresponding to the sealing tool location. The operator removes the completed package(s) and repeats the process.
In Semi-automatic three (3) sealing fixture mode the operator places the packages to be sealed & presses the cycle start button. The table indexes one position and the hot and cold presses actuate. The operator loads and unloads the open sealing station. The operator must press the cycle start button to repeat the process.
In Automatic Mode three sealing fixtures are used. Once the operator presses the cycle start button the machine will begin to operate. The time interval at which the table indexes (table rotation delay) is adjustable to pace the operator who loads the blister(s), product(s) and card(s) and unloads the sealed package(s) as they pass the open station.
Plastic-to-Plastic Materials that may be sealed
- PVC & RPVC (Klockner Grade TH288/07 High Impact Vinyl for best results)
- PETG, UPETG & RPETG
- GAG PET & GRG PET